1 (1) In this legislation:
“licence” means a licence as defined in part one of the Act, to take part in a designated activity known in area 2 for this legislation;
“representation” means a representation as defined in area 4 (1) of this Act.
(2) The definitions in area 1 and role 6.1 for the Act make an application for the purposes for this legislation.
2 The company of payday loan provider is designated for the purposes for the concept of “designated task” in part 142 associated with the Act.
Application for the Act and legislation
3 The conditions for the Act and also this regulation that apply to a quick payday loan connect with each loan, whatever the amount of loan providers mixed up in loan.
Application for the licence
4 (1) a job candidate for the licence must submit the next into the director:
(a) in the event that applicant is really a company, the names and details of
(i) the senior officers, as defined within the company Corporations Act, for the organization, and
(ii) the useful people who own the shares for the company;
(b) in the event that applicant is just a partnership, the title and target of every partner within the partnership;
(c) in the event that applicant is really a proprietor that is sole the title and target associated with proprietor;
(d) in the event that hq of a job candidate is located outside British Columbia, a certification of enrollment into the applicant’s house jurisdiction showing the applicant’s title and just about every other names under that the applicant is working.
(2) a job candidate for the licence must submit to the also manager
(a) a duplicate for the following papers that the applicant uses or promises to utilize:
(i) the standard loan contract;
(ii) an example loan contract for $300 for a fortnight, along with charges and costs;
(iii) the price framework for a pay day loan, including interest and permissible charges;
(iv) the cancellation notice type;
(v) an application acknowledging the receipt associated with the loan termination;
(vi) an example commercial collection agency notification as needed by area 115 regarding the Act, and
(b) aggregate information in a questionnaire and containing the information and knowledge needed because of the manager.
(3) Without restricting paragraph (b) of subsection (2), the aggregate information submitted under that paragraph must add information respecting how many loans, wide range of deals, loan quantities, loan length and wide range of standard costs.
Licence for every single location
5 A payday loan provider will need to have a separate licence for each location from where the payday loan provider conducts company in British Columbia.
Term of licence
6 The director may issue a licence for a phrase perhaps perhaps not exceeding 36 months.
Show of licence
7 (1) A payday loan provider must prominently show the licence when you look at the location which is why the licence is granted.
(2) In the event that payday loan provider does company in the shape of the internet, the payday lender must show the licence quantity as well as other recognition, in an application authorized because of the manager, prominently at, or near, the top of the basic web web page regarding the site for British Columbia borrowers.
(3) The payday loan provider must through the licence quantity in most representations and artistic adverts.
Company title on licence
8 A payday loan provider should never carry a business on in a title apart from the title from the licence.
Licence application charges
9 at the mercy of any relevant charges set by the administrative authority, a individual must pay the next licence application fees and submit the costs using the man or woman’s application for a licence:
(a) $1 500 each year when it comes to hq or location that is primary
(b) $750 each year for every single extra location from that the licensee conducts business.
Reporting modifications to your manager
10 (1) A payday lender must submit the following information to the manager within week or two of this modification occurring:
(a) a modification of address for the hq and for a location from where a licensee conducts company;
(b) in the event that licensee is a business,
(i) a modification of the senior officers, as defined into the company Corporations Act, for the licensee, or
(ii) a product improvement in the ownership that is beneficial of shares for the licensee.
(2) If a lender that is payday modifications towards the papers needed by part 4 (2), the applicant must submit copies of this changed documents to your manager within fourteen days for the modification occurring.
Retention of papers
11 A payday loan provider must retain all cash advance agreements, receipts as well as other papers useful for each cash advance for a time period of 24 months after the pay day loan is completely paid back.
Away from payday loans in Oregon Province payday loan providers
12 If your payday loan provider is situated outside British Columbia, the payday lender must make sure the pay day loan agreement offers the target of this payday lender’s workplace in British Columbia for solution of papers.
Indications and notices
13 (1) A payday loan provider must show at each and every associated with the loan provider’s places of company
(a) an indicator visually noticeable to borrowers instantly on going into the office, and
(b) an indication noticeable to borrowers at each and every spot where a quick payday loan is negotiated.
(2) an indicator under subsection (1) (a) must support the information known in subsection (4) and
(a) be the very least of 61 centimetres wide by 76 centimetres in height,
(b) be white and possess a 5 centimetres wide purple edge,
(c) have actually text in a color that contrasts utilizing the back ground, and
(d) have text at the very least 72 points in dimensions.
(3) an indication under subsection (1) (b) must retain the information known in subsection (4) and also have text at the least 28 points in dimensions.
(4) an indicator needed under this area must include just the after information within the order that is following
“Maximum charges permitted in Uk Columbia for the pay day loan: 15% for the principal”;
“We charge. The payday lender’s total prices for a quick payday loan”;
” For the $300 loan for a fortnight:
Total price of borrowing =. The payday lender’s total costs for a $300 loan for two weeks”;
“Apr =. The apr charged by the payday lender for the $300 loan for two weeks per 12 months”;
(f) the payday loan provider’s licence quantity.
(5) A payday loan provider business that is doing the world wide web must show an observe that is
(a) regarding the colour and contains the information needed under subsections (2) and (4), and
(b) noticeable to borrowers
(i) at or nearby the the surface of the page that is introductory of web site for British Columbia borrowers, and
(ii) in an area on the internet site that precedes the applying for the loan.
(6) A payday loan provider which provides, organizes or provides an online payday loan by phone must reveal up to a borrower that is prospective information in subsection (4).